Course syllabus MAN126C - Management (VŠPP - SS 2018/2019)
|Course title in Czech:||Management|
|Course title in English:||Management|
|Mode of completion and number of credits:||Exam (6 credits)|
|Mode of delivery:||full-time, 2/2 (hours of lectures per week / hours of seminars per week)|
part-time, 0/8 (lectures per period / seminars per period)
|Language of instruction:||Czech|
|Course supervisor:||doc. Dr. Ing. Ivo Formánek|
|Name of lecturer:||Ing. Vendula Fialová, Ph.D. (examiner)|
doc. Dr. Ing. Ivo Formánek (supervisor)
Mgr. Dušan Kučera, MBA, Ph.D. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
doc. Ing. Milan Robin Paták, CSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
|This course examines the essential aspects of corporal management. Students will learn about organisation, planning, analysis, decision making, implementation, and control of business activity. They will become acquainted with the tools and methodology that a company uses to secure its position, mission, and tasks in a free-market economy.|
The course requires you to combine the lecture material with your own readings, the case studies dealt with as part of tutorials, assignments, and work on your research papers and the bachelor's thesis.
In terms of content, the course is a sequel to Microeconomics and Company Economics. The acquired knowledge and skills will be useful in Corporal Management, Human Resources, and Process and Project Management.
|Expert knowledge; you should be able to:|
- perform a complex analysis of the existing system of a company management and propose necessary partial or complex modifications.
- employ analytical and decision-making methods in a specified context.
- identify and propose an optimal company organisation (functional, divisional, geographic, matrix, etc.)
- identify current trends in corporate planning, human resources and control.
Expert skills; you should be able to:
- assemble a startup business plan based on an analysis.
- implement basic analytical methodology in key managerial positons, especially time series analysis, operational analysis, SWOT analysi, graphical methods, cause-and-effect analysis, BCG analysis, Parett's analysis, etc.
- design and implement an appropriate methodology of decision-making within a specified framework.
- evaluate and put into effect essential aspects of implementation: motivation, leadership, coordination, communication, information systems.
General competences; you should be able to:
- analyse a company's position on the market using a SWOP analysis and create a strategic plan of its development.
- formulate requirements for partial business plans: sales, production and procurement, labour, financial.
|-- item not defined --|
|Learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Lectures alone will cover both theoretical and practical aspects (case studies) of the company management. There will be no tutorials. Successful completion is predicated on systematic study beginning from the start of the semester.|
To complete the course successfully, students are urged to:
- attempt solving the highlighted problems using the recommended materials.
- participate actively in the lectures.
Students are required to:
- complete 2 to 4 coursework assignments (project proposals, case studies). To check your understanding regularly, assignments should be completed and submitted for review at regular intervals.
- write and present in front of an audience a research paper.
- pass the final test. Examination dates will be available by the end of the semester.
- pass the examination (oral).
For more information about part-time study, see Methodical Instruction (part-time students). These include model problems, case studies, and e-learning materials to be used in tutorials.
|Rámcové podmínky zápočtu:|
|To obtain course credit the following applie:
- Write a research paper and present it in front of an audience. - Attend tutorials (pass mark 50%) Pass a course credit written test (pass mark: 60 out of 100 points). Dates will be available through the SIS. The test will inculde the theory of management and 4 - 5 case study problems to solve. (A pocket calculator is essential.)
Students are allowed two attempts to pass the test.
Students may only register for the exam (through the SIS), when the credit has been awarded and entered in the credit book and examination sheet.
|Rámcové podmínky zkoušky:|
|To complete the course, after earning course credit, students take an oral examination in which two questions, randomly selected out of a pool, must be successfully dealt with. Exam dates will be available on the VSMIEP site. Students are allowed two attempts to pass.|
Last modification made by Mgr. Nikola Najzarová on 01/25/2019.