Course syllabus PRM126C - Project Management (VŠPP - Sklad)
|Course title in Czech:||Project Management|
|Course title in English:||Project Management|
|Mode of completion and number of credits:||Exam (6 credits)|
|Mode of delivery:||full-time, 2/2 (hours of lectures per week / hours of seminars per week)|
part-time, 0/8 (lectures per period / seminars per period)
|Language of instruction:||Czech|
|Course supervisor:||doc. Dr. Ing. Ivo Formánek|
|Name of lecturer:||doc. Dr. Ing. Ivo Formánek (examiner, instructor, lecturer, supervisor)|
|The course will introduce the students to the field of project management. After setting up the primitives of project management, a range of project preparation methods and techniques will be studied, together with ways to manage and implement projects from start to finish. Students will acquire skills essential for the preparation, planning, managing and evaluation of investment projects.|
|Expert knowledge; you should be able to:|
- define essential terminology of project management.
- outline the content of individual project stages, the concepts of project management and the methods for project analysis.
- identify factors detrimental to a project's success.
Expert skills; you should be able to:
- plan the individual stages of a project.
- design and keep project documentation.
- monitor and evaluate progress of a project.
- manage a project, monitor and coordinate the achievement of its key parameters.
General competences; you should be able to:
- outline the different concepts of business and 'european' projects; propose and give grounds for a particular project solution.
|This course assumes knowledge of Basic Management and Marketing.|
|Learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Study the basic recommended materials. For further insight, seek out the advanced readings.|
The course is designed as experiential and practical, therefore active participation is of essence.
To successfully complete the course, the following requirements apply:
- A mini-project. Complete a mini-project using specifications provided by the lecturer. Make sure to include a calculation and schedule.
|Rámcové podmínky zápočtu:|
|Full-time: a 20-minute PowerPoint presentation on a project management topic. The text of the project to be handed in as research paper, see Methodological instruction. Part-time: a research paper - mini-project, minimum: 15 pages (A4 size), see Methodological instruction.|
|Rámcové podmínky zkoušky:|
|Once awarded course credit, students are welcome to register for the exam. The exam is oral and involves three questions, covering the subject presented throughout the semester.|
Last modification made by Ing. Monika Bumbová on 06/12/2017.